Monday, May 01, 2006

State of the Union

Life is very interesting. Frankly, I don't think anything surprises me anymore. Least of all, myself and the things I think, feel, or do. And that old adage about how nature abhors a vacuum -- it's true in a weird, almost cosmic way. I guess I'm grateful for the random voids that nature fills or I'd be a swiss cheese for far too long.

It's peculiar, I think I've aged by a decade or so in the last 9 months. I don't feel old - on the contrary, I feel younger. But I think my perspective has broadened considerably. Don't ask me to explain it, I don't think I could. It's been an interesting time. A wild, crazy ride in a way. I think I will always remember this phase in my life. It's a quasi-turning point, you could say. Again, a turning point in what direction, I couldn't begin to tell you.

So what part does this blog play? Why, a central one of course! Har.

I was hanging out with my friend yesterday and we were chatting about Kosin's Chocolate Boxxx - the one with the triple x. ;) He professed his shock at my prolific blogging. I was like, "Dude, I don't only write in my personal blog but I've got a corporate blog too....AND a journal where I take pen to paper every night." I think he was like, "Where the hell do you find the time???!" Well, the thing is, it's like any other kind of expression...it's its own reward.

--- What it really is -- is a process of finding your own voice. You don't even necessarily have to have anything all that relevant to say. It's just an imprint of how you feel or what you think at a given moment in time, expressed through your own personal voice. Whether that voice is whiney or it rants and raves (as in my journal) OR it's rational, reflective, and analytical as in my corporate blog...it's still an imprint. I like that. I really enjoy it. It's something I do for myself, I guess that's why it's important.

No comments: