Monday, May 15, 2006

Harrod's Gastronomy

We landed in London and boy oh, boy was it a trek. We set our sets on Harrod's in Knightbridge and even though it was a hassle, it was still worth it. I've never seen a department store of such breadth and scale. I can't believe there's nothing like that in the US. I would go there everyday if I could. They had a huge food market right alongside all these food counters (sushi, delis, italian, etc.) and then you walk a bit further and there's the Marc Jacobs and Chloe bags. Then upstairs, there's a pet store, a refrigerator section, furniture, clothes, and a chocolate cafe where you can paint portraits in chocolate. The place must have taken up 20 blocks and 5 stories. Crazy. I ended up spending most of my time in the food section - trying cheeses, pates, and jams. Then I had even better gelato - pear and blueberry and also a mango flavored one. Amazing. I bought some meat pies to take back home but sadly, they were confiscated by customs. =( At least they didn't take my scones and cheddars. =)

No comments: