Friday, May 05, 2006

My Wheels Are Bigger

Oh my goodness. The other night, I got back to my parking space and was horrified. Right next to me was another Mazda 3 in the same Strato Blue! Previously, I was flanked my two non-descript silver Corollas or something...then suddenly -- wham! Someone decided to copy my taste in cars. What the heck??? Did my neighbor see my shiny new car and think -- "hmm...that seems like a nice choice...why don't I be original and get the same one in the same color??" She even has one of those stupid yellow signs with a suction cup on her window that says "bitch." Yes, that's right.

Ok, so upon inspection -- it's a used car and it's all scratched up and mighty dirty. It's also a 2.3 engine but a slightly different trim. I have the touring model so yeah - MY WHEELS ARE BIGGER! My alloy wheels make her stupid knockoff car look whimpy. There's a certain grace to having bigger, bolder wheels. Now I see the difference. It's analogous to women and their shoes. Your shoes can make a statement more than anything you're wearing -- if you had on the right pair of shoes, say...Manolos, then all else pales in comparison . Anyhoo...it irks me everytime I drive into my spot now to have to park next to my lesser twin.

No comments: