Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Family Aquatic

J called my family "aquatic." Yes, we've been living an "aquatic" life ever since my Mom and Dad became bonafide fishing fanatics. I even got them matching fishing shirts for their outings. Mom's all buff from standing all day, casting lines and pulling in nets. Couple that with digging for clams and she's got abs of steel. Hmm...maybe I should go with next time. They're always returning home with huge 40 inch sea bass and bucketloads of clams and crabs. There's literally fresh fish to eat at every meal.

The funniest thing was when our refrigerator crapped out a while back and all the fish we had in it went bad. Dad commented despairingly, "Oh my, what are we gonna do? We've got no fish for the winter!!! How are we gonna live?!" Lynn responded dryly, "Uh, Dad, we live in NYC, you know we can buy fish, right??"

Yes, self-sustaining the Huang family is, even in Brooklyn.

No comments: