Monday, May 29, 2006

Belly-dancers & Fort Lee

We're studying at Border's right now. So many Koreans here in Fort Lee. I counted only 3 white ppl. It's crazy. It's kind of like Quincy but a tad classier b/c they have Starbucks instead of Dunkin Donuts and they can boast about having a Ruth's Chris here.

Anyways, Sat. night we went to L'Orange Bleu, a French-Moroccan restaurant in Soho. It was really really good...I highly recommend it. Such a lively little joint, complete with belly dancers and such. The highlight was a novice belly-dancer -- a gay guy who lifted up his tank top and folded it into a belly shirt and started maneuvering around all the tables. J's like, "dude, I've lost my appetite!" But the seafood paella and the baby butterfly roast chicken were superb, they were still yummy when we had it the next day. I was like, hmmm...I don't think paella is French or Moroccan...but whatever.

Afterwards, we hung out at this condo in Fort Lee where apparently Jay-Z used to live. The view was absolutely gorgeous across the Hudson. I couldn't believe regular folks live here in style like this...the weather was so good that people were sunbathing the next day at the pool/jacuzzi overlooking the river. It was like something out of a postcard. Anyways, hopefully one day I'll have a place like that. Close enuff to the city but suburban enough to be livable.

No comments: