Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Channeling My Inner Stacy

So I met Dr. Robin, Nate Berkus, Martha Beck, and Stacy London at the O! You event. Stacy's session was jam-packed and she came out looking fab in a navy dress and black heels. She started the talk with a discussion on teenage girls today who try to dress too young and how the images portrayed in the media are askew. Everyone was like "amen." After the "serious talk," she walked around the audience answering questions. The girl next to me (I was in the front row) asked what she was wearing. She stood before me and replied, "uh...a dress!" She was a tiny woman, so slim and petite that I was thinking to myself, wow, t.v. really does bulk you up! But she was truly adorable and so personable, answering questions like, "I have a big butt, what should I wear?" or, "I've got huge knockers, how do I hide them?"

After the session, I met her and told her I loved her show and that she always looks so great! She's played it off like it was no big deal and took a look at me and said, "oh, what a great purple on you!" It was my turn to be flattered. Anyways, in case someone is wondering, I did stare at her gorgeous hair and realized...yep, she does have silver streaked highlights in the front. But it was a far far cry from Cruella Deville. I honestly wouldn't have noticed otherwise. =)

No comments: