Thursday, October 12, 2006

Black is Back

Nails Meet Midnight

So noir nails are back in fashion and has been the entire summer. Finally, the NY Times picked up on it. And yes, I scored Chanel's Black Satin from my local mall. I had Kelly pick it up for me and the lady at Lord & Taylor was hesitant to sell it to her, saying it was her "last one" and going on and on about how much in demand it was. Maybe I got it before the big rush if Sarah Michelle Gellar had to steal hers. It's interesting that the article talks about women wearing it to work because I had the exact same dilemma...do I sport my black nails upon meeting my new boss?

"The new blacks appear to be growing in popularity with young professional women who are daring enough to wear it to work, and it is the epitome of chic for night events."

Kelly said it was a bad idea so I decided to stay on the safe side. Anyways, of course, my fashion-backward guy friend didn't get it at all. It took a lot of meticulous care to paint my toenails black and my friend was like, "I'm not a fan."(But then again, he didn't know leopard prints were back in and said my shoes were too "loud") Ugh...he's such a big oaf!

I swear, being trendy in this town is like being a black sheep--no one gets it! (pun intended) Sigh! Well, on the plus side, whatever trendy thing I'm sporting, you can bet no one else around here is whereas in NY, it's like a dime a dozen.

No comments: