Saturday, October 28, 2006

Cakes and Weddings

Oh, I'm so full I can't go to sleep! =( (This is a commonplace occurence for me by the way.) I had a lavish meal at Dok Bua -- coconut chicken soup, duck choo chee, pineapple fried rice, chicken in tofu wrap, and Thai ice tea. Then we went to Finale's, the new one on Coolidge Corner. That place is just way overrated and expensive, I've decided. However, they did have this awesome pineapple upside down cake that was delectably coconuty and cakey. I think I would go back for that. Honestly, I'm so over that molten chocolate cake...there are so many other better versions of it at other restaurants.

Then I got home and was chatting it up with Kelly all night about the wedding she's a bridesmaid for this weekend. We made a pact that we would be present at each others' cake tasting tryouts. Then we talked about the kind of weddings we'd each like to have...albeit like 10 years from now. ;) I'm like, "dude, I'm going to have a case of bridesmaidzilla" cuz' she's so controlling with her high standards. I'm so like whatevers with things that I can't imagine worrying about shit like tea lights. (Apparently, Kelly's friend spent all afternoon polishing her tea light holder centerpieces for the banquet. Crazy.) I plan on taking a mini-vacation before the wedding AND post wedding in order to recover from the honeymoon. Laziness has its merits, I tell you. Although to be honest, if I truly loved my man, I would be happy marrying him wearing a paper bag in a bar amidst stained beer glasses. There's just something romantic about saying "screw it" to the whole thing. As long as there's a piece of chocolate wedding cake to look forward to afterwards, I'm all set. =)

No comments: