Saturday, March 04, 2006

Reaching New Heights

When you get sick, that's when you realize the limitations on your body that didn't exist before. It's like being trapped in your own body, unable to will it to perform even mundane tasks. I can see how people who become terminally ill make it their mandate to push their bodies as far as they can go. It is because you expect that you can do it, you know what it was like before. Plus, now there's a reason to go further whereas before when you were blessed with total health, you just sat around like a couch-potato. We all take for granted what we can do, the heights we can reach...even if it is all relative. If only we trained our bodies and willed our minds to do so, nothing is impossible. Sleeping 14 hours a day while the world passes by you because you can't even sit up, well, that teaches you something. It only pushes me to consider all the things I've started and committed myself to and know that I can't turn back.

No comments: