Thursday, March 30, 2006

Disturbingly Heartwarming

I'm just a "blogging machine," that's what Mark just said to me. Ha. Not really. It's just that at 7:45 am and you get into work, what do you feel like doing but check email, read the news, drink your coffee...and maybe lay a few thoughts down on the good ol' blog.

Man, I know it's supposed to be nearly 70 degrees today but it sure didn't feel like it. Super chilly in the morning...well, perhaps it's because we didn't have hot water this morning and I had to take a cold shower. Ugh. I miss my apartment plumbing. The one in my house just ain't reliable.

So it's totally like twilight zone going into work and then returning home these days. Dad picks me up, Mom's got dinner ready, and Lynnie's doing "homework." We collectively eat around the living room, play with Dusty & Pepper, shoot the shit, and then eat some more (Mom's always slicing some fruit). Then we each retreat to our rooms and visit each other intermittently to lament about our day or postulate about what will happen in our lives.

Something about these familiar rituals is so comforting. Just to have everyone under one roof again. Where else can you find the same solace? Who else can you abhor at the same time but secretly like spending time with -- other than your family? I tell you, absence makes the heart grow fonder. You appreciate all the things that used to be, all the daily routines -- whether they are disturbing or heartwarming...or a little bit of both. ;)

No comments: