Thursday, March 16, 2006

Lucky Cat

We took our cat, Pepper to the vet this week and it was very very sad. Her cancer came back and she also developed a limp in her right leg. My mom was extremely worried. She was carrying Pepper around all day from couch to bed to food bowl like she was an invalid. Somehow, I don't think she would give my Dad the same treatment when he gets sick again. So Dr. Guzmorino said it's up to the family to decide whether to operate again. She's nearly 13 years old. I can't believe we've had her and Dusty for so darn long. It doesn't feel like it. The doctor could not stop marveling at how Pepper survived for 3 years after the last surgery since mammary cancer in cats are pretty fatal and life expectancy is like a year post-surgery. He kept calling her a "lucky cat"...though my Mom was like, "what's lucky about having cancer???" She's right. I guess it depends on whether the cup is half empty or half full. It'll be a sad day when she passes. It's like losing a family member. I mean seriously, when I called the doctor's office, I was leaving a voicemail and I didn't know whether to call her "Pepper Huang" or what. Anyways, at least Dusty is still a picture of health. That's the cup half full part.

No comments: