Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Relief

I'm so in awe of my sister sometimes. I don't know what I would do without her. After listening to her, everything made sense and I think I have a handle on things now. She can be so unaffected, yet empathetic and caring. I don't know how she can be so wise at her age. I know I wasn't. There are so many times when I think she's the big sister. Of course, we don't always agree but I think as we grow older, the way we think and relate is converging. It's really nice. I look at other siblings and wonder how they can not be best friends. Ok, maybe best friends is stretching it--we're such different people. But we are always, always there for each another. More and more, I see her as an equal and can actually rely on her for sage advice. I love her faith in me and how she tries to lend me strength when I have none. We've been through so much together, but it only feels like the beginning.

No comments: