Thursday, September 28, 2006

Moqueca

After my haircut and running into Ann and Jin, I went with Z to Moqueca in Inman. We've been wanting to try this place for a while...it's Brazilian but not the meat-oriented cuisine most associate with Brazilian restaurants. It was a tiny hole-in-the-wall and a total mom and pop establishment. Known for their fish and seafood stews, everything that came out of the kitchen made my mouth water. To start, we got fried yucca with yogurt herb sauce. Then I ordered a seafood stew rice that was divine! It had squid, mussels, shrimp over a saffron rice garnished with tons of yummy cilantro. Ok, it was essentially seafood paella, Brazilian style. Z got a salted cod stew with coconut milk, it was very interesting. But for once, I wasn't stealing off someone else's plate because I liked my own dish better. Anyways, it's quite a little jewel. Our goal now is to try a new place every week.

No comments: