Friday, September 01, 2006

Intuition

"Any sentient being knows when it wants to eat, mate, run, sleep or fight -- any sentient being that is, except most members of the human race. We are the only beasts in creation who systematically eradicate the knowledge of our own desires."

- Martha Beck


It's been an odd year. A learning year, I should say. I finally feel like I'm in a place where I can get "still" and know where to go next. I think one of my greatest issues is that I'm never quite sure. I can never quite tap that inner voice, drowned out by all the noise around me. Instinctively, I know deep deep down what is right for me but on the surface, I'm completely torn. I give in to other people's needs and opinions, I let passing logic take hold, I'm afraid to do what I should. I don't listen to myself, I don't carry things out quickly or justly. Every day affords a chance to follow my intuition. As long as I do that, I really should not be afraid of the consequnces, whatever they may be.

Opportunity can often be unnerving. When there is no choice, there is no chance of making a mistake. I have many options and alternatives to choose from at the moment. I am going to consider things critically, but most of all, be open to "higher guidance." I know I'll get it right eventually and I know that there's a lot waiting for me out there.

No comments: