Thursday, August 10, 2006

Foiling Terrorism

I couldn't believe it when I heard this morning about the foiled attempts to blow up planes using liquid substances. We are so fortunate to have stopped the terrorists in time. I couldn't imagine another 9/11 so close to the date. Ironically, I was just reliving my whereabouts on 9/11 and talking about how awful it was. Thank goodness for the tight security at Heathrow and for British intelligence alerting the US. It's awful that just when we thought we could relax a bit, this kind of shit happens. Now you can't even bring a coffee through security. It's such a crazy world we live in. I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have to travel again for quite a while. With the Ted Williams tunnel collapsing and now this, it must be a zoo at Logan. I have to give it to British and US intelligence for sussing this out in time...at least we've learned from what happened.

No comments: