Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Adventures of Mimi

I went to see Mariah this week and it was awesome. She sang nearly all of her #1 hits like Vision of Love, Honey, Fantasy, Hero, I'll Be There, Always Be My Baby, and of course her new songs - Don't Forget About Us, Shake It Off, It's Like That, and We Belong Together.

Unfortunately, MC took almost two hours to come out on stage and everyone started getting restless and booed her! When she finally emerged, she was pretty much stark naked. A bra and panties with a see-through cape does not qualify as "an outfit." (At least with her wardrobe changes, all she needed to do was throw on a shirt or a pair of pants!) Anyways, I enjoyed all of her hand gestures and all the "real singing" (as opposed to her "whisper" singing).

What was priceless was that sitting behind us were a bunch of Southie types - the kind you usually find at a Sox game. They were like "Go Mimi" and "Oh, my Gawd, she's gonna sing my song!" As I was filming a mini-video through my camera, you could hear these guys behind me causing quite a ruckus.

After the concert, we walked around the Fleet center waiting for traffic to subside and I swear, every bar and restaurant was playing a Mariah tune. Add to that every car driving by with crazed fans singing along. It was as if Mariah had passed and there was a sudden tribute to her memory. It was fun tho...so of course, we had to roll down our windows and blast a song or two as we peeled away into the night...

No comments: