Thursday, July 06, 2006

Shakespeare Summer Night

Part I

I just got back from watching Shakespeare in the park. MacBeth was playing and Liev Schrieber had the lead role. Having only read Shakespeare and never having seen it performed, I was awed. Really, now I see why a play is meant to be acted out and not just read in a classroom. There were parts that required emotion and actual acting...things you really don't think about when you're just trying to decipher that old english in print. It was quite enjoyable seeing it. Plus, it was modern too...lots of feminist undertones. What was surprising was that it had exciting parts...like the climax at the end. Amidst the backdrop of the trees in the park, the lighting and the set, it was perfectly executed.

Part II

See my entry, Shakespeare's Blogosphere

No comments: