Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Netflix for Bags

So this is an interesting business model... totally works for trendy "it" bags. Borrow a bag for as long as you want, return it and get another on your waitlist. Sounds familiar? BagBorrowOrSteal
lets crazy women like me get their hands on Balenciagas, Fendi Spys, and quilted Chanel numbers. But I noticed they didn't have the latest sought after bag I'm considering - the Dior Gaucho. Nor do they have the uber-bag - the Birkin. I guess you really can't borrow a $4000 bag for $9.95 a month.

Well, I still think it's a bit gross to use someone else's used bag....eeek it's dirty and you don't know where it's been. Sure, it's fun to try new bags but there's also something about owning it that gives you a better, bigger rush. Oh jeez, this is a sickness! Well, my objective opinion as a consultant is that this is a great biz model. But the consumer bag-lady blood coursing through my veins says "ohhh..look at all the beauties."

=P

No comments: