Monday, June 19, 2006

Luxuriating Madness

I lived like a queen this weekend, ate like a king, and hob-nobbed with celebrities.

Jerms and I went to Koi and some other fancy joints for grub and walked around the 5th ave shops. Shopping at Fendi, Bergdorf and all the other snooty stores was actually kinda fun and not intimidating. We visited the new I.M. Pei Apple store...kinda neat but I wasn't that impressed. Got a makeover done at Henri Bendel and then I finally splurged and got my Gaucho bag. We also saw Chris Rock and Steve Buscemi filming a movie right next to the Penn Club and Harvard Club. They both looked really skinny and lanky. Chris was sporting a scruffy beard and Steve was looking real pasty and white. Both were donning suits and saying their lines as the camera crew glided backwards. Pretty cool to watch. It's like when they filmed Mystic River on St. James Ave when I worked at Yankee and you just watched Clint all day filming across the street.

We also got some lemonade to cool off on a hot hot summer afternoon at the street fair on 6th ave. and strolled through Central Park. So pooped now. I'm just sitting by a window right now waiting for a cool breeze that ain't ever gonna come. Just gushes of warm air. Oky dok, time for lunch...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the best part of the weekend...

I'm talking about the Mr. Softee ice cream, of course.

Anonymous said...

ooh.. celebraty sitings are cool!

the breezes are still cool here in LA.