Sunday, April 23, 2006

Babies Galore

Boy, finding baby gifts is really difficult. It's an entire sub-culture of diaper genies, Baby Einstein, and trendy diaper bags. You can really spend a bundle on this stuff. But I do love hearing that the baby loves the toy I gave or the book I selected...especially since it likely took me hours to research this stuff. It does warm my heart though. Ahh...the joy of giving. It does seem like babies are popping up everywhere - I guess we're getting to that age.

The other day, we went to Chia's family friend's house for Easter dinner. We played with the two little girls - one was 6 years old and the other 18 months. They really were sweet. It's interesting to watch these emerging personalities. Julie, the big sister loves to cook and could NOT stop laughing at her own joke about filet-o-fish (which she accidentally called souffle-o-fish). I've never seen anyone chuckle endlessly like that. What a riot she was! We had a lot of interesting conversations throughout the evening - mostly about mustard pretzels, easter eggs, and cream puffs. And the baby, Alicia, was so damn smart. (What do you expect with 2 doctors as parents?) Well, she was quite a handful to hold. Very squirmy and pudgey. But she had the cutest outfit on - this pink and green number - with these adorable tights that had ballerina slippers painted around the feet. =)

After we left, Chia made an offhand comment about how good I was with the kids. I was a bit taken aback. Me? Good with kids?? Well, I guess anything's possible. But I actually did really enjoy spending time with them, that's the odd thing. I suppose it's just another thing to look forward to. =)

No comments: