Monday, March 12, 2007

Purge

Man, I just spent the last couple of hours disassembling my desk and going through my closets in order to pack for my move. My goodness, I never realized what a pack rat I was! I have WAAAAY too much clothing. I mean really, I don’t even wear 80% of what I own. Plus what is all this random crap I own? Do I need 4 teapot sets? Why do I have 20 bottles of nail polish? And forget about the shoes!!! I thought I had already gotten rid of a lot of stuff but boy was I mistaken! I really know how to cram things in those nooks and crannies. It’s very easy to throw away stuff you don’t use but sometimes things have sentimental value attached to them and you keep them for longer than you should. Like old Wharton shirts I have…I got real and thought about it….”hmmm, this tee is nearly 12 years old — that’s a decade plus two years…ok, it’s time to chuck it.” Then I encounter tiny miniskirts I wore with high boots to parties long ago and jeans I will never fit into after years of hoping…sigh. Time to say goodbye. What’s difficult to throw away are the the clothes I associate with certain events. But then again, I’m thinking…do I really want to remember? Probably not anymore…ok, throw it in the goodwill pile. Anyhoo…I’m hoping to have more sense than I’ve had in the past and more discriminating about my space and what takes it up!

No comments: