I’m leaving Boston in three weeks, yet it hardly seems like it. It’s a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. I’m one of those people who gets overly nostalgic. Last night, we drove by my old Longwood Ave apartment by chance…I looked into that courtyard and thought of all the times I crossed that path to that door and I could see right into that tiny little studio where I used to hover over my equally tiny little 13″ t.v. and eat on my flimsy fold-out table. We then passed my beloved Longwood Galleria food court where I used to dine on Sbarro’s and McDonalds after a long day at work. I loved browsing the aisles of the CVS next door, buying anything and everything I ever needed. I even passed by that Green line T stop where I’d shiver on most days waiting for the stupid D line to show up. I also remember taking tranquil tree-lined walks to meet friends at Fugakyu in Coolidge corner. Ahhh…those were the days. When I’d somehow manage without a car. I’d do crazy things like buy furniture at Crate & Barrel and taxi it to my place, lugging each piece inside to assemble it by myself. That seems so long ago.

Then there are the Quincy memories. Trips to South Shore mall and eating at all the suburban chain restaurants. Driving to Randolph and catching the latest flick with all the teenagers. Summers at Marina Bay and enjoying fried seafood along Wollaston Beach. I’ll miss it all.

Eight years is a long time to be in one place. I could’ve finished college twice over. And in some ways it seems like that–like I’ve led several lives while residing here. But I don’t think I have any left over to live. It’s time to start anew. It’s a bit scary, I’ll admit…starting all over again in a new city. I remember the reluctance I had when I first moved here. I think it took about 3 years or so before I finally accepted Boston as my home. It’s very sad for me to say goodbye. Yet I know it must be done. I can’t say I know where I’m really going or what I’m doing…but who really does? I suppose I’ll just have to figure it out along the way.