Monday, February 06, 2006

Sunday Market

What a beautiful day it was for a drive yesterday. The kind of day you roll your windows down think to yourself how you're glad to be alive. There were many joggers and bicyclists doing their thing along the Charles. Bostonians sure know when not to take a nice day for granted. I for one, already had plenty of exercise last week (my old bones could barely keep up) so just watching folks enjoy the weather was good enough for me. Z and I opted to go to Russo's, a new market he discovered. What a find! Fresh produce of every kind and homemade mushroom ravioli and local award-winning gelato...I was in heaven! And it all tallied up to be less than a trip to the Stop & Shop. We made fresh vegetable soup with leeks, onions, potatoes, peppers, cabbage, pasta shells, and yummy stock. It was the best veggie soup I've ever had. We topped it off with his corn bread and some smoked cheddar I bought at Russo's. Yum. Forget wings and pizza on this Super Bowl Sunday....who's playing who again?? Anyhoo. Next time I have to try making my mom's oxtail soup again. But alas, where does one find oxtail in the suburbs of Boston?

No comments: