Thursday, February 02, 2006

Confessions of a New Driver

Here’s my driving journal of happenstance and near-misses. (Don’t be scared! I’m really a natural!):

  • October 2005: Failing my driver’s test because of several stop signs (DOH!)

  • November 2005: Test driving my Mazda 3 and almost colliding into car in right lane because I forgot to adjust my mirrors before departing (rookie mistake! =) )

  • December 2005: Backing out onto a pretty busy Storrow Drive at 1am after accidentally exiting onto a closed off parking lot

  • January 2006: Traversing San Fran in a rickety rental on Lombard Street (the curviest street in the world). Alas, that was not the difficult part! Upon stopping at the top of a steep hill, we started rolling backwards so I hit the gas hard. As we screeched past the stop sign, a cop car happened to be headed towards us. Both cops stared at us menacingly, contemplating whether to flag us down. Beads of nervous sweat followed.

  • February 2006: Driving in 4 inch heels. Backing up into a neighbor’s parked car in my parking lot (shhh!). [See, I’m getting better!]

More stories to follow (keep your fingers crossed for duller ones!) =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!

You know.. it's kinda scary and hilarious at the same time. Remind me never to accept a ride from you HAHAHA

Kosin said...

Ted, anytime you need a ride, dude I'm there!