Monday, February 20, 2006

Nick Stole From Me!

Anyone hear Nick Lachey's new song? It's called "What's Left of Me," a post-Jessica song. When I first heard it, I was like "Hey!! What a biter!" Check out the first verse (see below). He clearly stole my rear view mirror metaphor. Dude, I need a patent on that thing. Either that or cash in as a songwriter/lyricist. Well, I do like the song -- it's catchy, albeit a bit sappy and demeaning if you ask me. But what can one expect? Just adding some piano and acoustic guitars can only do so much to revive a former boy-band member's flailing career. Although I think this one might just do it...at least for now.

Watch my life
Pass me by
In the rear view mirror
Pictures frozen in time
Are becoming clearer
I don’t wanna waste another day
Stuck in the shadow of my mistakes

MP3 of "What's Left of Me"

No comments: