Thursday, February 09, 2006

Frivolous Grammy Gossip

So who saw the Grammy's last night? They've wised up in recent years, cutting down the award giving boredom and upping the number of performances. I was shocked when I saw Madonna. There is no reason a 50 year old woman should look like that! What the heck? Ok, she looked fabulous in her lavender corset get-up, go-go boots, and Farrah Fawcett flippity-do. But man, those thighs and her butt - it sure ain't all yoga and Kabbalah livin'. I guess in this day and age, when you've got the right plastic surgeon, 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30, and so forth. So I should look, what, 18 right? ;)

And oh, Mariah, I'm glad she covered herself up with her long hair extensions so there was less spillage than usual. Mimi's back with her award-winning self...loved her rendition of "We Belong Together." And oh, Kelly Clarkson, can we be more star-struck and wide-eyed?? When you've actually become a bondafide pop star, at least act like one. Oh, but I love her anyway. I still remember when Destiny's Child won their first Grammy's, they were just as choked up. Always nice to see, which is why no more Grammys for the likes of Bonnie Raitt and old fogeys like Sting. =) What else? What else? What was up with Joss Stone's multicolored hippy dress? Ok, so it was supposed to be Janis Joplin-ish and part of her musical act but I would have much rather have had her sing by herself and wearing something more flattering. Oh, and that Teri Hatcher....yikes! Can we please lose another 5lbs? When that happens, she'll probably evaporate. Scary looking!!! This makes me appreciate all of Mimi's fleshiness.

Ok, enuff mindless banter. That's my post-Grammy wrap-up. Oh yeah, check out this NY Times article about JD and how he single-handedly revived MC's career but alas got snubbed by the Grammys. And also note his penchant for strip clubs as his source for divine inspiration. =)

No comments: