Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Beer Soup and Shampoo

It seems like these days, they are adding beer to everything! Two efforts I applaud are Rockbottom's French Onion Beer Soup and Lush's Cynthia Stout shampoo. The beer soup could be better because the cheese is not entirely covering the entire rim of the soup cup (trust me, I know French onion soup). But the addition of a creamy dark stout to the beef soup stock adds quite a bit of depth to the soup. Many times, the stock tends to be overly salty and uncharacteristic but this concoction makes perfect sense. Try it, you won't be disappointed. Rockbottom also features several beer-enhanced desserts -- such as chocolate cheesecake with stout, carrot cake with pale ale, and a sundae with stout. Next time, next time...my tummy can only take so much! =) As for my shampoo, they've always said beer is good for your hair. Well, my shampoo certainly smells like beer but with a twist of lemon. (It's not as disgusting as it sounds.) It's interesting and cleans hair pretty well but I think it could be more moisturizing. Hey, Lush is all about experimenting with weird products in strange form factors...but as long as they work well, that's what matters.

No comments: