Friday, September 14, 2007

"I Can't, It's Vera Wang!!!"

"I can't, it's Vera Wang!!!" cried Nelson, as he was about to slingshot Ms. Crabapple on her wedding day as she ran out of the church.

That's one of my favorite lines from the Simpsons. ;)

This week was the debut of Simply Vera, Vera Wang's cheap and chic line at Kohl's. Oprah was absolutely in love with her stuff at a discount. It reminded me of all the clothes this season, frumpy sweater coats with black leggings and some satin tops. Don't get me wrong, I like the designs but I swear, fashion these days just is not figure-flattering. Nothing to get excited about.

I do love Vera's dresses though. They are so well-constructed and just plain gorgeous. Simple too...and elegant. Man, I am definitely going to invest in a Vera Wang wedding dress one day. All the boning and structuring underneath is customized to frame and suit your body. The result is unbeatable. Fitting for a dress doesn't just mean trimming the hem, ya know? Anyway, it got me wondering what the astronomical price tag would be and I found this:

How Much Does a Vera Wang Wedding Dress Cost? Vera Wang's Luxe Collection starts at $6,000, with some dresses costing as much as $12,000 or more. However, most of her dresses range from $2000 to $7000. While certainly expensive, it's within the range that many non-celebrity middle-class brides spend on their dresses. If this is still out-of-your budget, look at Vera Wang bisque-colored bridesmaid dresses which start at $200 and run under $1000. Other brides look for her famous sample sales in New York, where one-of-a-kind samples and stock overruns have as much as a 75% discount.

No comments: