Thursday, November 09, 2006

Death Wish on 95

I drove seven and a half hours in the rain from NY to Boston. I spent nearly and hour on the West Side highway during rush hour, bumper to bumper. Then it was "smooth-sailing" at 40 mph until I hit the 3 accidents along my route. I thought I was gonna collapse during the last stretch. My right foot hurt, my lower back ached, and I was totally dozing off. Add to that the splashes of water onto my windshield from passing trucks and I'm like, I might as well be driving blindfolded! I think this was the longest I've ever driven in my life. Never again!!! I cannot believe I drove back in the rain again. Last time it was with Kelly and at least she drove half way in a blinding storm. I am just glad to be alive right now. For sure, I'm making a pact with myself never to drive long distance in the rain again, it's like a death wish. I was thinking to myself..."hmmm, at least let me listen to my favorite Leehom music in case I die in the next 15 miles."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg!!! haha.. reading about you DRIVING is still a lil' shocker for me. ;D glad you made it home safe!!